You’ve decided to go into business for yourself. Congratulations. Now what?
Half of all businesses fail within the first five years. Your business succeeds or fails based on the performance of one person – you. Do you have what it takes? Journalist Melina Druga interviewed 100 women business owners and reports on her findings in this 40,800 word study of what makes a successful entrepreneur.
Enterprising Women: Practical Advice for Entrepreneurs explores:
• Demographics and gender bias
• Following one’s passion and expertise
• Defining a niche
• Being realistic
• The importance of writing a business and a marketing plan
• Startup funding
• Marketing and sales
• Seeking business and emotional support
• Hiring help
• Conquering self doubt and fear
• Balancing work and home
• Avoiding burnout
• The profiles of 40 women entrepreneurs in different stages of business ownership