The only constant is change, and change is very often a good thing. If you visit “A Writer’s Life” often, you may have noticed www.melinadruga.com has a new look. This new look reflects a change in direction in my career.
I have been working for more than a decade as a professional writer, first as a journalist and copy editor and then as a self-employed freelance writer and line editor. While this career focus has been educational and successful, it has not fulfilled my life’s dreams and passions.
For almost as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a novelist. For many years, things like having a “real” job, relationships and other pursuits used up my time and prevented the goal from being fulfilled. It wasn’t until I decided to make fiction writing a priority that I began moving in the direction of my dreams.
For the past three years or so, I have been working on a historical fiction novel. It is now at the point where I am looking for the representation of a literary agent or an independent publisher. The new look reflects this change. My editorial business is not closing, but it is no longer the primary focus of my career.
Let’s Explore the Changes
Here is a quick overview of the changes:
- The about page and home page are now one in the same. You can read my revised biography here.
- All information related to my editorial business has been grouped together under one drop-down menu. You can access it here.
- My nonfiction books have been grouped together here. Each book also has its own page.
- Historical fiction has its own page and hopefully soon its own drop-down menu. You can see it here.
- The contact page and blog link have stayed the same.
- The link to my Amazon book store has been removed, but you can still access it directly here.
I invite you to take a look around the new melinadruga.com.
Pinterest Has New Look, Too
My Pinterest account also has a new look.
The changes include:
- Organizing how book pins are displayed.
- The creation of a writing advice board.
In addition, one private board will be made public each month through spring 2016. These boards are related to my novel.
Interested? Follow me on Pinterest.
A Writer’s Life Has a New Focus
Finally, “A Writer’s Life” will have a new focus as well. You may have noticed that recent posts have talked increasingly about books and moved away from the blog’s original focus – freelancing. This change has been purposeful.
Starting in early September:
- Posts will become more frequent.
- They will be related to my novel in some fashion, whether it be about historical events, inspirations or the writing process.
Guest bloggers will continue to be welcomed. If you’re interested in guest blogging, click here.
I hope you will continue to enjoy this blog. If you know anyone who enjoys history and/or historical fiction, please invited them to subscribe to updates. The signup form is at the bottom of each page.
See you in two weeks.
Latest posts by Melina Druga (see all)
- World War I Led to Prohibition - August 14, 2017
- At This Rate It’ll Take Me 100 Years to Finish My Novel - August 4, 2017
- America’s Preparedness Movement - July 31, 2017