***Please note, after this post was written, Book Blogs moved off the Ning network and became The Novels. I have opted not to join.
In October, I joined a social network called Book Blogs hoping to meet readers and network with fellow authors and bloggers. I joined with high hopes, but so far it has not lived up to expectations.
Here is what I’m disappointed in:
- The forum and groups lack activity.
- The few people who are active are more interested in promotion than networking.
- I cannot change my profile picture, and I cannot seem to find anyone who can help me resolve the issue.
Nevertheless, I do plan to remain a member, at least for the time being. After all, there is no way of knowing when activity might pick up or I might meet an influential person. If you are a member of Book Blogs, feel free to connect.
With that being said, I am still on the lookout for sites were I can meet readers and other authors.
Do you know of any social networks where I can meet readers, especially fans of historical fiction? Leave a comment below.
Enjoyed reading this post? Join the mailing list and receive updates in your inbox whenever a new post is published. Simply enter your email address in the form on the bottom right of this page.
Latest posts by Melina Druga (see all)
- Erich Maria Remarque’s All Quiet on the Western Front - September 26, 2017
- The Committee on Public Information - August 28, 2017
- World War I Led to Prohibition - August 14, 2017