Q: Oh, you’re a writer? What type of books do you write?
A: The stereotype seems to be that writers only write books. Authors write books.
There are several different types of writers. Here are some examples:
- Content writer: These writers are responsible for the content you see on the Internet. They write webpages and blog posts. They are responsible for product descriptions, surveys and in some cases social media posts. Content writers also are responsible for online newsletters.
- News writers: News writers write the news broadcasters read on the air.
- Journalists: These writers are responsible for the articles you see in newspapers and magazines as well as several websites.
- Technical writers: Technical writers write manuals and instructions.
- Copywriters: These types of writers are responsible for marketing copy.
- Creative writers: This group includes poets, playwrights, screenwriters and novelists.
Latest posts by Melina Druga (see all)
- Army General Staff College Played a Critical Role in the American Expeditionary Force - May 31, 2017
- “I Researched the Novel I Always Wanted to Read” - October 5, 2016
- An Update on My Writing Career - July 1, 2016