Welcome. I'm Melina Druga.
Hi. I’m Melina Druga, a multi-genre author with a lifelong love of books and the English language. I pen historical fiction, contemporary fiction and nonfiction. All my fiction stories feature strong heroines who know what they want. So far, I’ve published nine nonfiction books and three historical fiction/women’s fiction novels. Three historical fiction/women’s fiction novellas will publish in 2022, and my contemporary fiction/chick lit/women’s fiction series will debut in 2023.
Introducing Journey of Hope
Coming January 2022
Hardship defines Claire’s life. Her husband, Harold, dreams of greater opportunity. A treacherous journey lies ahead.
1829. Claire Appleton experiences an arduous life filled with hard work, struggle and sacrifice in the rugged British North American wilderness. In her lifetime, she hasn’t traveled more than a few miles from her hometown.
Harold dreams of adventure and suggests uprooting their lives and traveling 900 miles in search of a better life. Content, Claire resists.
Claire’s mind, however, changes when her drunken father-in-law threatens to the kill her family. Getting away from him is the best thing they could do, but a journey comes with risk. Many aspects could go wrong, and often do for travelers.
Will the Appletons’ journey of hope end safely? Will they achieve success?
My Latest Blog Posts
- Claire’s World: Canada and the American Revolution December 2, 2021
- First Person or Third Person Narratives: Which is Better? November 18, 2021
- How Many Genres Do You Write? November 4, 2021
- Have You Ever Scrapped a Work in Progress? October 21, 2021
- How Much Research Do You Do for Your Novels? October 7, 2021
- Developing My Latest Works in Progress September 23, 2021
- How to Create Fictional Characters September 9, 2021
- Are My Characters Based on Real People? August 26, 2021
- How to Organize Story Ideas August 12, 2021
- Do You Have a Love-Hate Relationship With Your Characters? July 29, 2021