- Tips for Publishing Through a Small Publisher - August 7, 2020
- Mother Jones to Speak at Copper Mine Strike:This Week in History - August 3, 2020
- How to Find a Literary Agent - July 31, 2020
The Bartlettes are extended family to the Stewards in my WW1 Trilogy. The trilogy is comprised of Angel of Mercy (released in 2019), Those Left Behind (estimated publication date of 2020 or 2021) and Adjustment Year (to follow six months later).
Here are the six members of the Bartlette family:
- Amelia: Amelia has been friends with Lucretia Steward since they met in grade one. At that time, the women had a similar upbringing, but industrialization made one family prosper and one regress. She was optimistic as a young woman, but now is perpetually in mourning, anxious and fearful.
- Gordon: Amelia’s dead husband, his influence still can be felt even though it has been more than decade since his passing.
- Gilbert: The eldest surviving child, he lives with his mother. He injured his hands severely during an accident while working for the railroad. His injury inspired Hettie to become a nurse.
- Theodore “Teddy”: Perhaps the most stable Bartlette son, Teddy is a carpenter who is married to Caroline.
- Geoffrey: In love with Hettie since he was a teenager, Geoffrey aspires to great things, but was forced to leave school when Gordon died. He has self-esteem issues related to this and wished for better.
- Victor: An employee at a grocery before the war, Victor idolized Geoffrey as a boy. He also was friends with Freddie Steward until the two had a falling out in early adulthood.
- Maeve: The family’s only surviving daughter, and the only person to graduate from high school. She is actively courted by Tommy Steward and is considered bubbly and happy.
Enjoy history and historical fiction? Join the mailing list and stay up-to-date on book releases, news, beta reading opportunities and more.