It’s difficult to believe, but announcements aside, it’s been more than nine months since I last blogged. The break was necessary as I spent the time working on a multitude of projects:
- I finished Adjustment Year, the third novel in the WWI Trilogy. It launched on Amazon on April 9 and will launch on other retail sites August 19.
- All my older releases re-launched off of Amazon, starting April 1 through August 19. Announcements on re-releases will be posted on my blog on the day of the release. Advanced review copies will be released on BookFunnel through August 5.
- I re-launched my YouTube channel February 17. If you haven’t visited the channel in a while, you’ll want to check it out.
- I completed the rough and second drafts of three, historical fiction novellas. Their working titles are Claire’s story, Rose’s story and Lucretia’s story. I’ll be talking about them over the next several months.
- I completed the rough and second draft of a women’s contemporary fiction side project. For now, the details will remain a secret. That will change after I publish the novellas.
- I’m actively working to build my following on Instagram. It’s the only social networking site where I’m still active. That’s because it’s where the readers are! Also I’ve found a great community of fellow authors and bloggers.
You can see how blogging got pushed to the back burner. I have missed it, however, and I plan to return to blogging on Thursday (April 22) with a new post every other week. Unlike in the past, my blog will be writing focused. The theme of the first post will be naming fictional characters.
This doesn’t mean I won’t still write the occasional history post to paint a picture of my characters’ worlds. And you can still find my old history posts listed in the main menu by character – Hettie’s World, Claire’s World, Rose’s World and Lucretia’s World. Future heroines no doubt will get their own category, too.
Starting May 24 and June 7, I will begin blogging every Monday about the books in my home library. They will range from books I conducted research with, to novels I read while an English major, to books that are just for fun.
New Newsletter Service
To correspond with the release of the first new blog, I am also sending out my first newsletter. Newsletters will cover topics such as new blog posts, new video releases, cover reveals, book releases and other book/writing related news.
I’ve switched email marketing services, and I’m starting my newsletter mailing list from scratch. If you’re wondering why I’m starting from scratch, it’s because the new service is very serious about SPAM, and since I’m changing my blog’s focus, I want to be certain the people receiving my updates actually want to see them. That means if you previously subscribed, and it was prior to April 1, 2021, you’ll need to re-subscribe.
Don’t miss out. Subscribe today.